Sunday 13 March 2011

I did it !!!

As Welshy was putting me to shame, by being far more productive than me, I made a promise to myself that I would post something on here before Welshy's next bit of pyro'ing. Admittedly he managed to involve himself, by actually coming up with the idea (clever boy!), but I did all the hard graft to get it finished.

Somewhere along the way I acquired a book, which is covered in banana leaves with banananananana (sometimes I just can't stop) paper inside. It's been hanging around for sometime and I've never known what to do with it. A couple of days ago I had the bright idea of filling it up with knitted/crocheted stitch samples, with a brief explanation of how to do the stitches. It's a beautiful book but had a plain paper diamond shape on the front cover, which was a bit boring. Welshy came up with the idea of covering that bit with knitting or crochet. After some deciding about which colour of yarn would go best and crocheting a couple of samples, Welshy decided on the one used and I agreed.

So here it is


If you're a festival goer, look out for the knitting tent and come along and do some knitting/crochet with us and see it in the flesh.

1 comment: